Our internal company culture rewards collaboration, resourcefulness, foresight and diligence and regularly makes sure skillsets are widened as new approaches to design, development, support and service are made available to us from key vendors.
We also support personal development by encouraging research into new technologies, setting aside time in the working week for just looking around to see what’s happening alongside our current technologies.
Regular ‘Knowledge Transfer Workshops’ are held as an internal platform for advancing whole teams understanding in new technological advances.
Silversands has a reputation for being able to effectively translate any IT based big idea from a prospective or current customer into a delivered solution. Our teams of highly qualified personnel work hard to uphold this tradition by listening to our customers’ needs and acting on their specific requirements to achieve the best result to any challenges.
We believe in encouraging our developers, designers, consultants, sales and support staff to grow with the company and enhance their skills, advancing their careers through training and as much exposure to expertise in our industry as possible.
At Silversands we are extremely proud to have a very large percentage of our team that have been with us for more than 5 years and some a great deal more than that. Around 50% have been here more than 10 years.
Employee Benefits and Rewards
Making our employees feel special (they are!)
Our employees are very important to us; we have put a rewards package together that is not only competitive but importantly provides employees with the flexibility required to suit their personal circumstance.
• Car allowance / Car (based on grade)
• Profit share bonus scheme (based on grade)
• Ad-hoc bonuses for specific achievement and going ‘over and above’
• Paid overtime
• Recruitment referral scheme (up to £4,000 for senior positions)
• Exam bonuses
• Bonus package for being a Microsoft MVP
• Paid travel and expenses to and from customer sites
Peace of Mind Benefits
• Long term sickness
• Death in service
• Ability to flex the working day when in the office
• 5 days paid paternity leave
• Free parking at main office
• Free eye tests
• Extra holidays and tax paid bonus for long service (5 yr, 10 yr, 15yr, etc)
• Subsidised lunches and when you are in the office they are made for you by our own catering staff
• Free teas and coffees and subsidised soft drinks and snacks
• Technical staff have allocated R&D time
• Mobile phone and laptop (depending on grade / role)
Flexible Benefits (which staff choose and control)
• Child care salary sacrifice scheme
• Ability to purchase up to 5 additional days leave
• Pension (Salary sacrifice scheme)
• Private Medical Insurance
• Additional death in service cover
• Critical illness cover
• Clothing allowance
“OASIS” – the Silversands Social Clubs
We support an active social environment, either through various social clubs operating under the “Oasis” banner, or other events as such sponsored cycle rides and triathlons.
• DVD Library
• Film Club
• Magazine Library
• Summer and Winter Events
• A “Legendary” Silversands Christmas Raffle
NB. Please note that some benefits have qualifying employment periods.