Connect Plus Services (CPS) were already working with Silversands to deliver OneDrive to all 600 staff. When the Covid-19 crisis began, a decision was made to increase user adoption of Microsoft Teams within 3 weeks, via “Project Teams at Pace”. The key business objective was enabling a large and diverse workforce to work from home within a short period of time.
The challenge was to have all 600 users up and running with Chat, Meetings, document collaboration and the ability to request a Teams space to support working from home. That challenge was exacerbated by the mixed experience of staff with Microsoft Teams; some staff were already using Teams, others had less or no exposure to the product or its capabilities.
We worked in partnership alongside the CPS project & technical teams to deliver a 5-day pilot to 3 teams & then implement the full Teams roll-out.
- We worked with a core project team from CPS and technical experts to review governance controls possible, and to identify and implement basic governance. Full governance to be revisited later.
Adoption and change management:
- We provided a template communications and engagement programme that included implementing and customising Learning Pathways with a lot of content contextual to CPS
- We conducted a pilot with a skills survey, pilot overview and webinars to improve the digital skills of participants. Followed by a post-pilot review with Pilot team leads, then deployment planning building on pilot successes.
- For the project team, we crafted a daily pilot mail that gave pilot users core information in digestible chunks, which were also loaded into Learning Pathways as a resource staff could refer to.
- A prescribed set of hosted webinars was provided to be given by us to as many staff as possible following the launch of Teams. CPS chose:
- Launch-day “Meet Teams” webinars
- 4 hr-long webinars focused on capability (Meetings, Chat, Co-authoring & collaboration, App integration including Planner)
- Coordinated efforts with daily catch up meetings to ensure all actions on either side progressed to support the rapid deployment.
- We will review all activity, identify any lessons, as well as compromises made to meet the business objectives, are reflected on risk and issue logs for the wider works.
600 staff were enabled on Microsoft Teams in just 3 weeks
This project demonstrated what can be achieved working together as a team, rather than partner and client
If you have any questions about this case study, please fill in the attached form and we will get back to you with any information you need.