Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) uncovered
In this live webinar Mark Ison and Tom Bestow provide an overview of Windows Virtual Desktop.
WVD provides a secure Windows 10 desktop or RemoteApp, remotely or internally. Very often it delivers a cost saving when compared to on premises RDS or a Citrix solution. There are a host of other benefits too:
- High availability service with no servers to manage or maintain.
- The only service that can provide a true Windows 10 desktop experience using Windows 10 multi-session.
- Windows 7 is a supported OS and relocating any remaining Windows 7 machines to WVD will give you 3 years of extended support.
- Support for Office 365 ProPlus.
- User profile redirection and storage to Azure Files, or the new Azure NetApp Files, using FSLogix profile containers.
- Session host scaling to help manage costs.
- Publishing of both full session desktops and specific Remote Apps
Mark Ison is producing a series of blogs around WVD, so if you haven’t read any why don’t you start with: