We are seeking a Microsoft support engineer to join our technical support team, primarily providing second line support and some project delivery for on-premises and cloud solutions.
Candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
- Must have 2+ years as a support engineer working either for an in-house team or for a partner organisation
- Must have a demonstrable background in supporting a variety of solutions such as:
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Office 365
- On-premises infrastructure
- A reasonable knowledge of SharePoint Administration is specifically desired
- Current Microsoft qualifications are advantageous.
As a support engineer, candidates will be expected to:
- Manage inbound support calls, respecting SLAs and related considerations
- Resolve customer issues effectively and efficiently
- Escalate calls to subject matter experts when necessary
- Cover 24×7 support requirements on a 1 in 4 rota.
The successful candidate will be a clear, logical thinker with an excellent customer service attitude and proven experience in a support role.
This role is full-time, and the location is split between home and office (Poole, Dorset), with the potential for some travel to customer sites. Our customers are located across the UK, but mainly in the South.
The development of our staff is important to Silversands and you will be enrolled onto our internal Professional Development Programme to ensure that your career progression is defined, developed and tracked.
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Flexible hours
- Allowance for R&D time and training
- Exam completion bonuses
- Enrolment in our Professional Development Programme
- A pleasant working environment and a great group of colleagues!
Please note: This role is only open to UK residents who do not require a visa.
If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for and you are up for a new challenge, let us know you’re interested and we’ll take it from there.
By getting to know its customers, Silversands helps businesses and their people drive innovation, overcome challenges and extract greater value from their technology investments.
Silversands helps businesses to achieve their unique goals and solve business challenges by optimising existing technology and deploying modern solutions that deliver results. From accelerating digital transformation, enabling secure remote working and ensuring regulatory compliance, to effectively managing budget and driving productive, cost-effective operations, we deliver strategies that match our customers’ business needs.
Harnessing our extensive Microsoft expertise, we provide robust, secure and scalable solutions that transform the workplace experience. We act as trusted advisors, considering wider security and governance requirements and deliver effective change and adoption management, enabling our customers to make the most of the technology for maximum impact.
Find out more about what we do .
Find more information about the company and our people.
View our recorded webinars.
Watch our Meet the Team videos.