Seven Reasons to procure your Microsoft Cloud via a Cloud Solution Provider (CSP)
Silversands joined the CSP programme around a year ago as a CSP indirect Reseller and has aligned itself with direct CSP partner Vuzion. Over the year we have seen the benefits this brings to our customers and it has reinforced why we joined the programme in the first place. We wanted to provide our customers with an end to end Microsoft cloud experience and CSP enables us to do just that.
What is the Microsoft CSP programme?
CSP stands for Cloud Solution Provider and the CSP programme enables partners, like Silversands, to sell Microsoft’s cloud services to its customers. However, it is more than a licensing programme. The CSP model is designed for the partner to add value to its customers’ cloud experience via support, billing flexibility and advice. With this programme, a customer effectively has a buy, or pay, as you go consumption arrangement via the partner, rather than directly with Microsoft.
CSP key customer benefits
There are numerous benefits to customers, but we see the following as important:
- This is probably the biggest benefits to our customers. You only pay for what you want or use. In the case of Office 365, say you had 700 Office 365 licenses and wanted to step that up by 50 licenses for a project or peak in business and drop it again two months later you can. You will be billed in a completely logical way that follows your license usage e.g. 700 then 750 for two months and then back to 700. In the case of Azure, you simply pay for what you used the previous month, much like a phone bill
2. Monthly Billing:
- Each month you will receive a bill for the O365 licenses you are using and /or the Azure consumption you have used. No need to use your credit card anymore. If you do want annual billing, then please speak to us
3. No upfront billing:
- There are no upfront licensing costs unlike EA and Open
4. Local Support:
- As a CSP provider we would be the point of contact and receive your support calls in relation to the service. We would look to triage these calls and pass onto Microsoft if required. As your CSP partner we are the point of contact in case of a problem (technical and billing & subscription support). Do speak to us about our enhanced cloud support services offering which really complements CSP
5. Licensing Support:
- You can have one partner looking after all your Microsoft cloud licenses and drawing on their expertise and skills to enable you to maximise the benefits of your investment
- Going the CSP route opens up opportunities to gain discounts from RRP. A big win against pay as you go. Remember CSP partners need to take on a level of support, billing and license / subscription management duties. Potential discounts from RRP are dependent on the wrap around services you are procuring from us
7. Strong SLAs:
- By procuring through a Microsoft CSP, you will be gaining access to Microsoft’s strong service level agreement which defines the crucial aspects of the service like responsibility, quality and availability between the service provider and the customer
Will I still maintain Admin Control?
- Yes, you can still have full admin control over your Office 365 tenancy and Azure subscriptions.
Can I migrate existing Azure Services to CSP Azure?
- Yes, we will first need to undertake a review of your environment to understand if there are areas that will not easily move e.g. Backup Vaults and Express Route. We then schedule some engineering time to move you to the new subscription. This would all aim to be done without loss of service. We would obviously discuss options for items that are not so easily moved between Azure subscriptions.
Who will invoice me?
- Silversands will invoice you monthly. We get invoiced indirectly from Microsoft on a monthly basis for all the CSP spend attributable to our customers. We just take this data and generate an invoice for your specific spend.
Do I need to sign any agreements?
- Yes, you will need to sign our cloud service agreement, which in turn means you are agreeing to Microsoft’s cloud agreement.
Can I license my on premises licenses via CSP?
- No. You currently can only license cloud services via CSP.
Can I see billing information in Azure ARM portal?
- No, as a CSP customer this area will not be accessible. Some billing information is available via a separate portal.
Can I change CSP provider?
- Yes, you are free to transfer to any other provider of your choice, but we hope the other services Silversands are offering and delivering are a good reason to stay.
Can I leave CSP?
- Yes, as it is a monthly subscription you can enter in any month of the calendar year and stop at any time. Remember, CSP gives you the flexibility to alter your subscription, in numbers and services, per month.
Will access to my tenancy or subscription be terminated if I do not pay my bill?
- Ultimately yes. Clearly, we all want to avoid this situation. We follow normal processes to retrieve the money for services provided, but we are within our rights to terminate if your invoices are not being paid in a timely manner.
How do I sign up?
Firstly, speak to us so we can ascertain if CSP is right for you. If it is, we would ask for you to sign our cloud service agreement and provide some commercial arrangement to enable us to bill you. We can then set you up and you are off and going.
How can Silversands help?
To find out more please complete the form below and we will contact you.